Frequently Asked Questions
To create subscription orders, payment processors and Sales Tax information needs to be setup on the app. Encomm app right now uses Authorize.net to process payments and Avalara to calculate Sales tax. To do this,
- 1. Create an account on Authorize.net
- 2. Merchant will receive an email with API key and token
- 3. Signature key on Auth.net needs to be enabled/activated by the merchant for the app to receive webhook responses from Auth.net – If this step is skipped, orders cannot be created.
- 4. Now navigate to the Payments tab on the Encomm app and enter the API key details.
- Create a new plan group and add products to it. These two menus can be found under the subscription tab.
- Next navigate to orders tab, and select create order. This page lets you create/modify customer info, browse and add products to cart and make a payment.
- By selecting each customer on the customers tab, subscriptions can be managed by merchants.
Encomm subscriptions app is currently available on the Shopify app store. Search for Encomm subscriptions, click “Get App” and the app will instantly install on your shop.
Encomm provides your customers more ways to subscribe to your products – by phone, via call center, via storefront etc. This helps generate recurring revenue for businesses.
Once you’ve installed Encomm subscriptions, you can transform any product into a subscription product. First, you’ll create a subscription plan (weekly, monthly, or quarterly delivery) and choose your discounted price (optional). Then you’ll attach your products to make them available for subscription. Shoppers can then select a subscription plan option and will be charged on a repeat basis automatically.
To use Encomm subscriptions, merchants must have a Shopify store. TBD
Feel free to get in touch with us anytime at email@example.com and we will get back to you super fast.
Subscriptions are recurring transactions that a customer gets billed automatically for. For example, let’s say you subscribed to a bag of coffee every week and you would get charged regularly every week that coffee bag was delivered.
Yes, the app can automatically charge your customers. You can use the recurring feature if you are using Authorize.net as your payment gateway. You can read more about requirements here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/subscriptions/setup#eligibility-requirements.
The recurring subscription rules require you to have Authorize.net set up in your shop. This way, you can accept subscriptions with recurring functionality.
It says that the advanced plan can have up to 5000 orders. Does this mean up to 5000 customers who have subscribed, or up to 5000 products set up in subscriptions/rules that I've set up in my shop?
This means that you can have up to 5000 active orders in the app. The app has no limits on the amount of products you accept subscriptions on or how many subscription rules you can set up.
Encomm uses Avalara to calculate sales taxes. You will need to enter your avalara credentials on the app and we will take care of calculating taxes on all the products that are added to the cart.
You can do an in-app upgrade. Go to app’s settings ->My plans-> Upgrade and you can choose your desired plan options.